Friday, July 14, 2006

Putting on my big girl panties and taking my place in the real world...

Welcome to my new blog! Because I don't neglect my other blog enough at all! There is nothing better for a mediocre blogger with a questionable commitment to her craft than a new blog. Therefore, here we are!

I am a reader of mommy blogs. And I have always known (well, since I became a blogger) that I would one day become a mommy blogger. No, this isn't my way of announceing that there's another family member on the way...we have a wedding to get through first!

My fiance is bringing with him to our marriage two sons, thereby making me a stepmother. I never thought, back when I was 16 and making my way through the hell that was high school, that someone, somewhere was having children that would someday belong, in some way, to me. I was too worried about surviving the field hockey season and keeping my grades up.

However, you never know what fate has in store for you. And when I met a man a little over six years ago who had two sons (who were six and seven at the time), I had a funny feeling that this was It. He was The One. Although it was a long road to get to this wedding planning thing that we are doing now, it turns out I was right. And now I am living with the man I will spend my life with on the side of a mountain in the Poconos, and I am enjoying my ready-made family on the weekends.

Stay tuned for tales from our new life together...I promise to share both the good and the not-so-much!

No comments: